Local: (727) 344-9940 or Toll-Free: (888) 525-5295

Tenant Law

Singer Law, P.A.


Commercial Tenant Lawyer

Renting a property for your business can give rise to disputes between you and your landlord. Let an attorney work things out with your landlord so that you can get back to running your business.

Do you need to:

  • Assert your rights to have your landlord repair issues with your property?
  • Terminate your lease with a landlord who has failed to maintain the condition of the property?
  • Defend against an eviction action?
  • Contest your landlord’s claims upon your security deposit?
  • Negotiate with your landlord to find a mutually agreeable solution?

In Florida there are many laws which give protection to both the landlord and tenant. Your landlord makes their living by knowing those laws and how to use them to their own benefit.

Level the playing field by hiring an experienced attorney to assert your legal rights and defend against wrongful actions by your landlord.

Experienced Commercial Landlord Lawyer

Michael Singer, Esq., is a persuasive, proactive, and detail oriented attorney with a clear understanding of Landlord-Tenant Law. Having represented both landlords and tenants in litigation, Michael Singer, Esq. has the insight to anticipate what strategies landlords will try and successfully exploit any mistakes they may make. You’re better off making sure Michael F. Singer, Esq. puts his experience to work for you rather than for your landlord.

Demand action when your landlord fails their obligations

It may be your landlord’s property, but you have to work there and you are entitled to making sure your landlord maintains the property’s condition and meets minimum requirements.

  • Whether its pests
  • leaks
  • poorly maintained parking lots and other communal property
or any of the number of things that may go wrong after you move in, you shouldn’t have to pay full rent for less than full enjoyment of your property.

If the landlord continues to neglect their responsibilities, it may be time to move on to a better property and a better landlord.

When problems arise, not only do you need to deliver a Notice to your landlord as a legal requirement before terminating your lease or taking court action, but you can also try to use the Notice as a springboard to resolve the situation quickly and efficiently without needing to call upon the courts.

A Notice from an attorney can communicate your level of seriousness, and also persuade the landlord that the options that are acceptable to the tenant are also what is in the landlord’s best interest. But if you are facing the type of landlord who won’t act as required under the lease and Florida law, you can rest easy knowing that your notice was fully compliant with the requirements of both Florida’s statutes and your lease.

If your notice didn’t have all of the necessary content, or wasn’t delivered in the correct way, you may have to re-do it before being able to terminate your lease or take the dispute to the Courts. Don’t spin your wheels trying to resolve problems with your landlords alone, hire Michael Singer, Esq. and Singer Law P.A. at the onset and start fixing them the right way from the get go and you may be able to resolve small problems early before they become bigger problems.

If you have a landlord tenant question, protect your rights. Call Singer Law, P.A. (727) 344-9940 today.


A landlord may petition the courts to adjudicate the termination of a tenant’s rights under the lease. However, if the landlord hasn’t been complying with your lease, this is your opportunity to turn the tables and use that against them in an eviction. The landlord and/or their attorneys may also make mistakes during the legal process which the average tenant may not catch, but which their experienced attorney will and can exploit to prevail in court. Having a professional who knows the procedure inside and out and is familiar with the practice preferences of local judges can help navigate the legal process to save you time and money.

The most important thing to remember if facing an eviction is that you are obligated to respond to the case within 5 business days of being served or you may face a default judgment which may take away your rights to contest the eviction, even if you have valid defenses against your landlord’s actions. Don’t try to be your own lawyer - even if you file valid defenses, they may be disregarded if you didn’t pay rent into the court registry or file the right document(s) to address the requirement of paying rent into the court registry. The longer you wait to get an attorney, the more rights you may have waived by not properly asserting them.

If you are facing an eviction, call Singer Law, P.A. for a free consultation today. (727) 344-9940

Security Deposit Claims

As Lawrence “Yogi” Berra once quipped, “It ain’t over till it’s over,” and disputes with your former landlord may continue even after you have moved out.

You may be able to take action to enforce your rights to your security deposit if your landlord doesn’t promptly return your security deposit, or makes claims upon it which you believe are not justified.

You may be able to sue your former landlord over the parties’ rights to the deposit. Having Singer Law P.A. draft and send your Security Deposit Claim notice helps ensure that you will protect your claims upon the deposit, and lets your former landlord know that you are prepared to take them to court if they decide to contest those claims.

If you have a security deposit claim, call Singer Law, P.A. (727) 344-9940 today.

Quiet Title

Quiet Title is a type of litigation to address a cloud of title on the property that you own.

To sell a property, or borrow against a property's equity, you need to be able to convey an interest in marketable title. If there are unresolved liens, or errors in past deeds, or other complications in the history of your title, this is a suit that can address those and extinguish those claims.

Quiet Title actions will likely be on the rise, thanks to the astoundingly high volume of mistakes made by the foreclosure mill law firms and the clients they represented.

Epidemic of foreclosure and poor practice - wrong legal description, didn't join or serve a defendant are some examples of ways that a prior foreclosure may have clouded title. If you purchased a foreclosed-on property, whether via the judicial sale or from the bank after they took title through the sale, you want to make sure that there weren't mistakes from that case that will comeback to turn into nightmares down the road.

Have an experienced attorney look into that prior foreclosure case to see if any substantive errors were made; and if so, move forward with the Quiet Title to clean up that mess once and for all so that you can enjoy the title to your property.

Quiet Title is also a method to provide resolution to those homeowners who successfully defended a foreclosure, but still face having that lien on their property.

If the prior foreclosure case showed that the plaintiff bank lacked the evidence proving they have an interest in the loan, that evidence can be used against them in a quiet title. Even if the foreclosure was thrown out, the mortgage remains a lien upon the title until 5 years after the mortgage's maturation date, which may be decades away. By filing a Quiet Title, you can turn the tables on that bank and make them the defendant who has to prove they are able to enforce that lien. If no party can come forward to show they have the right to enforce that mortgage, then the Quiet Title can extinguish that lien so that you can move on with your life, and eventually sell or convey the property whenever you see fit.

If you have a question about quiet title, call Singer Law, P.A. (727) 344-9940 today.


(888) 525-5295
(727) 344-9940
Singer Law, P.A.
735 Arlington Ave. N.
Suite 306
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

In Florida there are many laws which give protection to both the landlord and tenant. Even a tenant who is in breach of lease still has the right to remain on a property until the proper actions to terminate a lease are taken.


If you have a landlord tenant question, protect your rights.
Call Singer Law, P.A. (727) 344-9940 or (888) 525-5295 today for a free consultation.

FREE Consultation